World Heritage Photos

Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski

Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The Muskauer Park is the largest English landscape park in central Europe. The park streches on both banks of the River Neisse. In the period 1815-1845, Prince Hermann von Pückler-Muskau laid out an English landscape garden around his castle. The German prince was a renowned landscape gardener and the author of the influential book: Hints on Landscape Gardening. The Muskauer Park was acquired by Prince Frederick of the Netherlands in 1846. The well-known landscape designer Eduard Petzold was put in charge of the gardens and park. After World War II, as a result of the Potsdam Conference, the park was divided into a German part, on the left bank of the Neisse, and a Polish part on the right bank of the river. One third of the Muskauer Park is situated in Germany, two thirds in Poland. Both parts of the park are connected by several bridges. The Old Castle, the New Castle and most of the associated buildings are situated in the German part. The Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski was declared an UNESCO World Heritage in 2004.

www.werelderfgoedfotos.nl   © Copyright   World Heritage Photos

Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski - Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The New Castle is situated in the Muskauer Park, one of the most beautiful parks in central...

Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The New Castle is situated in the Muskauer Park, one of the most beautiful parks in central Europe. The park is situated on both sides of the German-Polish border. The New Castle is situated on the German side of the border. The New Castle, the Neue Schloss, was destroyed during WW II and rebuilt again, it was opened to visitors in 2008.

  1. Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski - Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The New Castle is situated in the Muskauer Park, one of the most beautiful parks in central...

    Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The New Castle is situated in the Muskauer Park, one of the most beautiful parks in central Europe. The park is situated on both sides of the German-Polish border. The New Castle is situated on the German side of the border. The New Castle, the Neue Schloss, was destroyed during WW II and rebuilt again, it was opened to visitors in 2008.

  2. Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski - Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The beautifully maintained buildings in the landscape park. The former houses of the office employees were...

    Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The beautifully maintained buildings in the landscape park. The former houses of the office employees were converted into holiday apartments. They are situated on the German site of park. The Muskauer Park covers around 830 hectares on both sides of the German-Polish border.

  3. Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski - Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The Tomb of the Unknown Man, situated on the Polish side. In 1832, a skeleton was uncovered during...

    Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The Tomb of the Unknown Man, situated on the Polish side. In 1832, a skeleton was uncovered during construction work in the park. Prince Hermann von Pückler-Muskau ordered the remains of this unknown man to be burried in the park. In honor of the 200th anniversary of the Muskauer Park, the Tomb of the Unknown Man was renovated.

  4. Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski - Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The Lord's Hill Viaduct crosses a small wooded valley on the Lord's Hill, the Herrenberg. The...

    Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The Lord's Hill Viaduct crosses a small wooded valley on the Lord's Hill, the Herrenberg. The stonework viaduct is situated on the Polish side of the park. The German Prince Hermann von Pückler-Muskau was a renowned landscape gardener and author, he designed the Muskauer Park in the beginning of the 19th century.

  5. Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski - Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The Orangery viewed from the Polish part of the park, the Neisse River in the foreground. The Orangery...

    Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The Orangery viewed from the Polish part of the park, the Neisse River in the foreground. The Orangery is situated on the German side of the Muskauer Park. After 1945, the Neisse River became a natural border between Poland and Germany. The park stretches on both banks of the Neisse, both parts of the park are connected by bridges.

  6. Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski - Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The viaduct across Sarah's Walk, the viaduct is situated on the Polish side of the Muskauer Park. The...

    Muskauer Park / Park Muzakowski: The viaduct across Sarah's Walk, the viaduct is situated on the Polish side of the Muskauer Park. The park is composed of a number of smaller parks, such as an English landscape park and several flower gardens. The largest part of the park is situated in Poland, but most of the associated buildings are situated in the German part.