World Heritage Photos

Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž

Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: Kroměříž is a Moravian town in the Czech Republic. Kroměříž is located about 64 km east of Brno. The Castle at Kroměříž was the residence of the bishops and since 1777 the archbishops of Olomouc. The first castle on this site was built in 1497. In 1664 the castle at Kroměříž was renovated into a Baroque castle by the Olomouc Bishop Karl II von Liechtenstein-Castelkorno. The Flower Garden is a masterpiece of European garden design of the 17th century. It is the turning point between the Italian Renaissance garden style and the French garden style, such as, for example, the gardens of Versailles. From 22 November 1848 until 7 March 1849 Kroměříž was temporarely promoted into the capital city of Austria. The Castle at Kroměříž became known as the place where the Constitutional Congress of Austria was held. The congress was held in the dining room. Nowadays, the dinning room is called the Assembly Hall in rememberance of the congress. The castle houses one of the greatest art collections in Europe. Kroměříž is located about 38 km from Olomouc and about 58 km from Brno. The Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž were declared an UNESCO World Heritage in 1998.

www.werelderfgoedfotos.nl   © Copyright   World Heritage Photos

Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The Rotunda is situated in the centre of the Baroque Flower Garden. All garden paths lead towards the...

Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The Rotunda is situated in the centre of the Baroque Flower Garden. All garden paths lead towards the Baroque Rotunda, the interior is decorated with frescoes and stucco. The Flower Garden at Kroměříž was established in the 17th century by the bishop of Olomouc, Karl II von Liechtenstein-Castelkorno. The Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž gained the status as UNESCO World Heritage in 1998.

  1. Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The Rotunda is situated in the centre of the Baroque Flower Garden. All garden paths lead towards the...

    Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The Rotunda is situated in the centre of the Baroque Flower Garden. All garden paths lead towards the Baroque Rotunda, the interior is decorated with frescoes and stucco. The Flower Garden at Kroměříž was established in the 17th century by the bishop of Olomouc, Karl II von Liechtenstein-Castelkorno. The Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž gained the status as UNESCO World Heritage in 1998.

  2. Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The castle viewed from the Chateau Garden. The history of the Gardens and Castle...

    Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The castle viewed from the Chateau Garden. The history of the Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž is closely linked to the bishops of Olomouc. The castle was the residence of the bishops and since 1777 the archbishops of Olomuoc. The first castle on this site was built in 1497. In 1664, the castle at Kroměříž was renovated into a Baroque castle by Karl II von Liechtenstein-Castelkorno, bishop of Olomouc.

  3. Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The courtyard of the castle. The castle houses an art collection, it includes one of the late the paintings...

    Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The courtyard of the castle. The castle houses an art collection, it includes one of the late the paintings by Titian: The Flying of the Marsyas. The library houses 33,000 manuscripts. The Gardens and Castle at Kromeríz belongs to the most important castle complexes in the Czech Republic.

  4. Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The U-shaped staircase of Kroměříž Castle is decorated with statues. Karl II von...

    Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The U-shaped staircase of Kroměříž Castle is decorated with statues. Karl II von Liechtenstein-Castelkorno, bishop of Olomouc, managed to lay the basis for one of the greatest art collections in Europe. The Castle at Kroměříž was once a representative mansion of spiritual, political and economic governance of a substantial part of Moravia.

  5. Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The interior of the Assembly Hall belongs to the most beautiful Rococo interiors in Central...

    Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The interior of the Assembly Hall belongs to the most beautiful Rococo interiors in Central Europe. The Castle at Kroměříž became famous as the place where the Constitutional Congress of Austria was held in 1848-1849, it took place in the dining room. Nowadays, the dinning room is called the Assembly Hall in rememberance of this congress.

  6. Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: A neoclassical temple in the Chateau Garden, the garden surrounding the Castle at Kroměříž. The...

    Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: A neoclassical temple in the Chateau Garden, the garden surrounding the Castle at Kroměříž. The historic Chateau Garden is a wonderful example of a landscape park before the mid-19th century. The gardens at Kroměříž consists of the Chateau Garden and a Baroque Flower Garden. The Flower Garden lies outside the centre of Kroměříž.

  7. Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: A neoclassical folly in the Chateau Garden. The gardens at Kroměříž consists of a Chateau...

    Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: A neoclassical folly in the Chateau Garden. The gardens at Kroměříž consists of a Chateau Garden and a Flower Garden. The Chateau Garden is laid out in the English Garden style, the Flower Garden is an excellent example of Baroque garden design. The gardens are decorated with neoclassical temples, statues and fountains.

  8. Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž - Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The Flower Garden at Kroměříž Castle is decorated with neo classical temples, statues and...

    Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž: The Flower Garden at Kroměříž Castle is decorated with neo classical temples, statues and fountains. The Flower Garden is a masterpiece of 17th century European garden design. One side of the Flower Garden at Kroměříž is lined with a colonade. The colonade is adorned with statues of the gods of antiquity.